I’m Allison Hill. Welcome to my author website!
This website showcases a small selection of my shorter creative writing pieces and introduces the books I’ve published. As well as short stories and poems, you will find articles on a range of subjects, from my wildlife exploits to general observations on daily life.
If you like what you see, please do share as I always welcome new readers.
- A poem about climate change, made up of metaphors and clichés.The heat is on, we’re in full flow,Flooded by those gloomy facts,Drowning …Read More »
- It had never occurred to me to visit Sri Lanka until one of my wildlife watching mates suggested it. Until then, I …Read More »
- A poem inspired by the brilliant performance of the Lionesses at the World Cup Millions of us keenly tuned in, A World …Read More »
- A poem from the point of view of the only magpie living in Shetland Gannets and guillemots throng in their thousands, Screeching …Read More »
- How to describe Shetland? Remote. Stunning. Beautiful. Peaceful. Extraordinary and well worth a visit. Which is what I recently did.Read More »
- A poem about animal sentience and how we can understand chimpanzees’ facial signals Since we descended from great apes, Their gestures form …Read More »